Warning is issued after chimney fire sparks in house

From the left are Chief Fire Officer Neil Odin, Margaret Aldridge, Yvonne Ferguson, daughter of Margaret, and Lord Mayor of Portsmouth Councillor Ken Ellcome Picture: Duncan Shepherd (180086_010)

City blitz heroine Margaret gets award for wartime bravery and dedication

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS are urging people to take action to keep their chimneys clean after a blaze ignited in a home last night.

The incident took place in London Road, Hilsea, at about 8.30pm last night.

One crew from Cosham fire station was called to tackle the emergency. They used rods to clear the chimney of burning embers and debris which threatened to damage the home.

Firefighters left the scene about an hour later.

The fire service has since reminded residents to regularly have their chimneys swept.