A WOMAN and two children were rescued from a property after a kitchen fire in Portsmouth.
Fire crews were called to Farmside Gardens in Hilsea last night after a smoke alarm was sounding and there was a smell of burning.
The trio were rescued by firefighters and taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham for smoke inhalation.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue said the fire started in the kitchen of a second-floor maisonette and a call came in at 10.18pm
Crews from Cosham, Southsea and Portchester had put the fire out by 10.53pm, but stayed at the scene for some time to provide community safety messages and reassure neighbours.