Michael Carberry blasted Hampshire into the CB40 final and then admitted: It would be a dream come true to play for England again.
The left-hander smashed a sensational 68 – including eight fours and five sixes – as the Royals chased down Sussex Sharks’ 219 for eight in just 33 overs.
Following Andrew Strauss’ retirement, the opener has been tipped to add to his sole Test appearance against Bangladesh in 2009.
Carberry admits a recall would cap a glorious season with his county.
He said: ‘It’s been three years since I played my Test match and if I get the nod, that’s great.
‘It would be a dream come true to put that England shirt back on.
‘If it doesn’t happen then good luck to the bloke who does get the nod.
‘All I can do is keep performing and my main focus is to try to win things for Hampshire and get promoted.’
Carberry and James Vince’s opening stand of 129 effectively settled Saturday’s match at Hove.
And he feels the victory was well deserved.
‘It’s a reflection on some good cricket we have played throughout the year – and during my absence through injury as well,’ said Carberry.
‘The guys have really hung in well in this competition.
‘We have played an exciting brand of cricket and thoroughly deserve to be in the final.
‘We figured, looking at the way Sussex’s innings panned out, it would be difficult to score in the middle period.
‘So we had to try to do the early damage up front when the ball was hard and coming onto the bat.
‘It was important we got ourselves in and played good cricket shots, which we did and it came off.’
A trip to Lords later this month is cause for celebration for Carberry & Co.
He added: ‘The guys are already looking forward to it – as we did t20 finals day.
‘Any silverware is important. Last year we had a tough time and the boys were pretty down after being relegated.
‘So to turn it around in 12 months and now be going into a second final, while still challenging for promotion, represents a fantastic effort.’