Newcome and Admiral prove up to the Challenge

Adam Lipscombe helped Newcome Arms B defeat Lord Chichester A in their Challenge Cup semi-final
Adam Lipscombe helped Newcome Arms B defeat Lord Chichester A in their Challenge Cup semi-final
Share this article
Lee Cook of Phoenix North End B

Duke on the money as Taxpayer crash again

Have your say

Admiral Drake B will play Newcome Arms B in the Challenge Cup final after both sides triumphed in their semi-final matches.

Newcome enjoyed a 7-2 victory over Lord Chichester A, with wins from Adam Lipscombe, Frankie Howard, Paul Gibbs – 180 and 17-dart leg – Steve Filby and a walkover for Dave Robinson.

Chichester’s Paul Stanley won the opening leg in 17 darts.

Ian Salter claimed a second for the Lords, before Dean Jones and Paul Richmond rounded things off for Newcome.

Drake booked their place in the final with a 6-3 win over Old House at Home B.

Wins by Rob Newland and Ricky Williams, plus a walkover for Steve Musson, put Drake 3-0 up, before Colin McKean got Old House off the mark.

A second walkover went to Drake’s Jon Bramble, meaning Sam Head’s win in the sixth leg was enough to take the match.

Dave Smith and Gary Smith saved some honour for Old House by firing in 132 and 130 game-shots respectively – either side of James Brooker winning a sixth for Drake.

Division D’s Pembroke Arms reached the final of the plate competition by beating Froddington Arms A, of division C, 5-4.

Froddington took a 3-0 lead through Brian Cohead, Derek Toms and Reg Wilshaw, but Pembroke replied with wins from Martin Downs, Robert Jones and Steve Brett.

Darren Barnes put Froddington on the brink of victory, but Simon White and Roger Croft won the remaining legs to put Pembroke in the final.

Their opponents will be division B leaders Graham Arms A who dispatched division D’s Tap 6-3.

Graham Clow took the opener for Tap but Graham soon took charge with wins from Nigel Young, Paul Skeates, John O’Donnell and Martyn Simmons.

Mark North kept Tap in the match, before Rob Knowles sealed Graham’s progression.

Peter Fitzgerald took a consolation for Tap and Kevin Gilchrist added Graham’s sixth.

Phoenix North End A move into division B’s promotion places after beating British Queen 6-3.

Phoenix took the first leg as a walkover for John Croft, before Mark Wilson doubled their advantage.

Dave Atton got Queen off the mark but Phoenix immediately restored their two-leg advantage.

Richard Bifhel was on the mark.

Queen then pulled level through David Place snr and David Place jnr, but that was all they could muster as Dave Patourel, James Snook and Jason Jeal won the remaining ties for Phoenix.

Electric Arms pulled level on points with division B’s leaders following their 6-3 victory over Old Canal A.

David Lock and Phil Jarvie put Canal 2-1 up after Peter Webb won the opener for Electric.

But Electric won the next four legs, with James Bateman, Ted Andrews, Peter Buckett and Gary Allen giving them an insurmountable lead.

Matt Lock added Canal’s third, before Paul Sibson rounded things off for Electric.