Hawks and Gosport face Trophy replays as Petersfield reach seventh heaven

Bradley Bubb   Picture: Mick Young
Bradley Bubb Picture: Mick Young
Have your say

The Hawks were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw against 10-man Weymouth in their FA Trophy first-round tie in Dorset.

The home side were reduced to 10 men in the first half and it looked straightforward for the visitors when Bradley Bubb put them ahead on the hour mark.

But within four minutes, George Rigg levelled for the Southern League side and the two teams will now meet again in a replay at Westleigh Park on Tuesday night.

Gosport Borough will also go into the hat for the FA Trophy second-round draw after playing out a 2-2 draw with Basingstoke Town in an exciting spectacle at the Soccer AM Stadium.

Louis Soares put the hosts ahead from their first meaningful attack but Justin Bennett’s penalty had Borough level at the break.

Lloyd Macklin resotred Basingtoke’s advantage with 12 minutes to play but Bennett salvaged a Tuesday night replay for the visitors - last year’s runners up - with a late header from Adam Wilde’s cross.

Petersfield Town were in seventh heaven after thrashing lowly Wessex League premier division rivals Fareham Town 7-0 at Cams Alders.

A first-half hat-trick from Andy Todd and goals from Ed Dryden, Alex Ward and Warren Hunt ensured the game was over by the break, before substitute Robbie Tambling put the gloss on a memorable win at the death.

Two second-half goals from Winchester City were enough to see Graham Rix’s AFC Portchester side beaten at Wicor Rec.

In a game where Portchester dominated the first-half, they were punished in the second with Craig Hardy’s own goal added to by a Zach Glasspool strike.

A goal in either half proved enough for Maidstone to see off battling Bognor in a tightly-fought Ryman League premier division contest.

Jack Parkinson put the hosts ahead before the Rocks’ Stuart Green equalised before the break.

A point looked to be in the offing for Jamie Howell’s side but a late Alex Flisher strike sealed Maidstone’s victory.