Paterson the hat-trick hero for brilliant Borough

Gosport Borough's hat-trick hero Matt Paterson   PIcture: Dave Haines
Gosport Borough's hat-trick hero Matt Paterson PIcture: Dave Haines
Steve Hutchings scored late for Moneyfields to earn them a draw. Picture: Ian Hargreaves

Moneyfields equalise twice to get draw

Have your say

Gosport Borough produced a fantastic display at Cherrywood Road to maintain their unbeaten away record in the Vanarama Conference South – beating opponents Farnborough 4-1.

Matt Paterson was the hat-trick hero for the visitors with his superb treble added to by a Justin Bennett header.

Louis Theaphanous netted a late consolation goal for the hosts.

The Hawks scrapped to a hard-fought 0-0 draw at Whitehawk in Vanarama Conference South.

JJ Hooper went closest to winning it for the visitors in the 72nd minute when he crashed a shot against the post.

A late Ollie Pearce rocket earned Bognor Regis an FA Trophy replay at Sudbury on Tuesday night, after an entertaining 2-2 draw at Nyewood Lane.

Ashley-Paul Robinson fired the Rocks ahead from the penalty spot in the first-half but visitors Sudbury looked to have turned the tie on its head to progress with goals from Correy Davidson and James Baker.

Pearce, though, popped up in injury-time to keep the hosts in the competition.

AFC Portchester advanced to the next round of the FA Vase thanks to a double from Jamie Musselwhite and some vigilant late defending in a 2-1 win over Reading Town.

Substitute Josh Perry had levelled proceedings for the visitors at Wicor Rec.

Petersfield Town were held to a frustrating 2-2 draw at Love Lane in the Wessex League premier divison after twice coming from behind to level the scoreline.

Hamworthy striker Kane Daysh scored a hat-trick of sorts – two at the right end and an own goal as Warern Hunt also netted for Town.

Baffins Milton Rovers came from behind to seal their Hampshire Intermediate Cup progress with a dramatic 2-1 win over Bournemouth Electric.

Steve Flynn opened the scoring for the visitors but Baffins levelled midway through the second half with Dean Harris on target.

And Jason Parish completed a remarkable comeback with the last touch of the game as he headed home to seal Baffins’ progress.