Portchester quickly out of the Woods

Portchester striker Simon Woods fired the hosts into a first-minute lead at Wicor Rec
Portchester striker Simon Woods fired the hosts into a first-minute lead at Wicor Rec
Ryan Pennery scored twice

Pennery earns Moneys a point at Aylesbury

Have your say

AFC Portchester strolled to a comfortable 3-0 victory over Bemerton Heath Harlequins in a one-sided Wessex League premier division clash at Wicor Rec.

Simon Woods fired the hosts into a first-minute lead.

And the Royals – who dominated throughout – made certain of all three points in the second half.

The dangerous Nathan Kirby doubled their advantage, before Woods completed a double of his own for Graham Rix’s side.

A sensational final 25 minutes saw Bognor take the lead against Dulwich Hamlet, go 2-1 down – then win with three goals in the final five minutes for a famous 4-2 Ryman premier victory.

Kick-off at Nyewood Lane was delayed until 3.10pm after Dulwich encountered traffic jams on their way to the Sussex coast.

After substitute Arron Hopkinson put the Rocks ahead mid-way through the second half, Dean Lodge’s clinical double looked to have won it for the visitors.

But a dramatic last five minutes saw Ben Johnson equalise from the spot - Dulwich’s Mathieu Boyer was sent off for the challenge - before Craig Robson and Terry Dodd sealed an unlikely victory in injury-time.

Elsewhere Petersfield continued their winning form thanks to a last-minute Rob Tambling strike at Love Lane.

Tambling had earlier equalised for the hosts after Laverstock’s Sam Miller fired the Wessex League division one strugglers into a shock lead.

The Hawks’ Skrill South game against Chelmsford City at Westleigh Park was called off by the referee an hour-and-a-half before kick-off.

The match official deemed the pitch unplayable, after a heavy storm burst over the ground.

The Westleigh park clash joined a list of local non-league games to fall victim to the weather.

Moneyfields’ Wessex League premier fixture against Totton & Eling at Dover Road and Fareham Town’s trip to Whitchurch United in the same division were also called off. x