Pompey are running the rule over free agent right-back Chris Sessegnon.
The defender was at National League South club Whitehawk last season but is keen to earn a deal with Paul Cook’s side – and played for the Blues in last night’s 3-3 pre-season friendly draw at Sligo.
Here are 10 facts about Sessegnon:
1. Born August 10, 1993 in South-West London, 22-year-old Sessegnon began his career at Sutton United.
2. The right back, who can also play in midfield, has scored two goals in 111 career games.
3. In the summer of 2012, he signed for Dover Athletic where he scored one goal in 25 appearances.
4. After signing a new 18-month contract for Dover in December 2012, his contract was terminated in the summer of 2013 and he subsequently signed for Ebbsfleet United.
5. After 43 appearances, including a Kent Senior Cup final win, the right-back was loaned back to his former club Sutton United in December 2014.
6. An unsuccessful loan period at Sutton lasted just 23 days and Ebbsfleet decided to release Sessegnon soon after.
7. Eastbourne Borough signed Sessegnon for the remainder of the 2014-15 campaign but he was again released at the end of the season.
8. National League South side, Whitehawk then signed Sessengnon and he proved to be a key man for the side, playing 38 times.
9. He played a part in both games of the National League South play-off semi-finals for Whitehawk in which his former team Ebbsfleet United won on penalties.
10. Sessegnon is of no relation to West Brom namesake Stephane, but can be followed on Twitter at: @morestack