Pompey announced the loan arrival of Kieron Fallon today, with the defender moving to Fratton Park until the end of the season.
But who is manager Paul Cook’s latest signing?
Here’s a few facts to help you out.
1. Although born in Nottinghamshire, the 23-year-old has played for Wales at under-17, under-19 and under-21 level.
2. He began his career at Nottingham Forest but only made two appearances for the City Ground side.
3. Freeman enjoyed loans spells at Mansfield and Notts County before being signed by Derby County in the summer of 2012 for an undisclosed fee.
4. In his first season for the Rams, he made 20 appearances and was named the club’s under-21 player of the season.
5. He made 25 appearances at Pride Park, but was loaned out to Notts County (twice), Sheffield United and Mansfield during his three-year stay.
6. The defender was signed by his former boss at Derby, Nigel Clough, when he was in charge of Sheffield United in the January 2015 transfer window, signing a two-and-a-half-year contract.
7. He made 21 appearances for the Blades last term and was a regular for the League One side this term, making 22 appearances.
8. However, Freeman has not played for Nigel Adkins’ side since a 1-1 draw at Barnsley back in November.
9. With the Blades boss keen to reduce his squad number, Freeman was a player identified to leave, attracting interest from Scottish Premiership side Kilmarnock.
10. Freeman scored three goals during his spell at Bramall Lane.