A GROUP of Middle East investors have lodged a £12.5m bid to take over Pompey.
PKF, Pompey’s administrators, today told The News a preliminary offer has been made by the consortium.
A PKF spokesman said: ‘We can confirm we have had a preliminary offer from a Middle East group and we are currently seeking clarification of funding before we can take it any further.’
PKF said the firm is not in a position to reveal the details of the offer.
According to publication Arabian Business, an offer letter was sent to Pompey administrator Trevor Birch last week.
The documents reportedly show the consortium has deposited AED75.058m into an escrow account on August 30, the website says.
The Pompey Supporters’ Trust may also have a part to play, according to Arabian Business, with the offer letter stating it is welcome to the group buying shares in the club, if interested.
Arabian Business says those behind the consortium wish to remain anonymous in the negotiation process.
Portpin and the trust were originally the only two offers on the table, with Mr Birch giving them a deadline of the end of the week to finalise their deals.