THERE’S plenty of Pompey talking points as ever - and The News’ Blues Facebook page and portsmouth.co.uk is full of chatter about the latest from PO4.
A new contract for Kal Naismith, Patrick Agyemang signing for Baffins Milton Rovers and Pompey’s injuries are the latest topics up for debate.
• Kal’s a true professional who works hard to play and deliver for this club! Even when Cook transfer listed him he didn’t moan and proved him wrong by coming a valuable member of last season’s squad and this year he’s worked hard to get back into the squad. That attitude should be used by the club for mentoring the youth to work hard.
• Of course he should have a new contract! Shouldn’t even need to think about it. He’s proved this season how valuable he is when he has been given the chance.
• Absolute no brainer, give the man a contract.
• Naismith is proving his worth at League One level (esp in the last few games). Is now a must in the three behind the striker. His place to lose, Jackett has said as much. Let’s hope the injury isn’t bad. Two-year-deal to match the manager’s.
• Look at the players the club has let go in the past against fans wishes and come back and scored against us!!! Barry Taylor
• Signing Agyemang’s a great move for Baffins Milton Rovers. I played against him there on Sunday v Pompey Legends. He is a machine of a man. He’s as strong as an ox. Try getting the ball off him. Best wishes Patrick Agyemang.
• Though I was originally against him playing at centre-back Hawkins was brilliant on Saturday. Matt Clarke was much more comfortable at centre-back too. So we are alright in that department as it goes. I must say Kal Naismith was very good in the air on Saturday too.
• Hopefully, both Oli & Kal will be OK by the time we play our next League game. But if not, Burgess & Pitman will be available after injury and suspension. So hopefully we’ll be fine - as that’s what squad rotation is for.