Here is all you need to know about American billionaire Michael Eisner, who is bidding to buy Pompey.
1. Michael Eisner was born in Mount Kisco, New York, on March 7, 1942.
2. The family of his mother, Margaret, founded the American Safety Razor Company, while she served as the president of the Irvington Institute – a hospital which treated children with rheumatic fever.
3. His great-grandfather, Sigmund Eisner, established a successful clothing company. It was one of the first uniform suppliers to the Boy Scouts of America.
5. Eisner’s father, Lester Eisner Jr, was a lawyer and regional administrator of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
6. He has been married to wife Jane since 1967, and the couple have three sons – Breck, Eric and Anders.
7. While an executive at ABC Studios for 12 years, Eisner oversaw the network rising from third in US ratings to first. Notable shows included Happy Days, Wonder Woman and Starsky & Hutch.
8. In 1976 he became the president and CEO of Paramount Pictures movie studio.
9. During his time at Paramount, Eisner oversaw the release of films such as Grease, Footloose, Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Star Trek franchise.
10. After leaving Paramount in 1984, he took over as CEO at the Walt Disney Company, where he oversaw a resurgence in the mid-80s and early ’90s with films such as Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Little Mermaid and The Lion King.
11. During his time at Disney, Eisner was responsible for the takeovers of ESPN and the ABC Network, while Disneyland Paris was opened in 1992.
12. Under Eisner’s tenure, Disney’s stock value soared, with the company’s annual revenues growing from 1.5bn dollars to almost 80bn dollars in 2005. Annual revenues under his stewardship increased from 1.7bn dollars to more than 25bn dollars.
13. Since leaving Disney in 2005, Eisner has worked largely in television, hosting his own chat show between 2006 and 2009. The show mainly featured interviews with chief executives, political leaders, artists and actors.
14. He was inducted into the Television Academy Hall of Fame in 2012.
15. Eisner founded investment firm The Tornante Company, which has been used to set up Eisner’s own independent film studio.
16. Notable investments by Tornante include Topps, America’s number-one trading card and confectionary company, while Tornante TV produces content for Netflix.
17. He founded the Eisner Foundation in 1996, along with his wife. They have since donated 125m dollars to various charitable causes