Hampton & Richmond Borough striker Jamal Lowe will complete his switch to Pompey in the new year having signed an 18-month deal with the Blues last month.
And here’s 10 things sports desk trainee Ben Shaw found out about the 22-year-old non-league hotshot...
1) Last season, Lowe hit 15 goals in 28 appearances for Hampton & Richmond.
2) His goals proved pivotal in helping them claim the Ryman League premier division title – pipping Bognor to glory.
3) But its his record this season that caught the eye of Pompey and it’s little wonder, since he’s managed 19 goals and six assists in 23 games.
4) Lowe’s career began at boyhood club Barnet and he represented the Bees in 10 first-team games, including in the Football League, in a three-year spell that ended last year.
5) After several loan spells, he departed the Hive for regular football with non-league St Albans City, before working his way to Hemel Hempstead and then Hampton & Richmond,
6) In terms of playing style, Lowe has been described as a pacy, skilful and a quick-footed forward with an eye for goal.
7) Recent displays have also seen him catch the attention of the England C-team set-up with non-league Three Lions boss Paul Fairclough a known admirer.
8) Not shy in offering his views on all things topical, Jamal took to Twitter earlier this year to state he would rather see rapper Kanye West elected as the next American president over candidates Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
9) The video gamers among you might want to dig out last season’s edition of Fifa, with whom Lowe features for Barnet, or even dust down Fifa 13 where he also featured on the game for the Bees.
10) You can follow Jamal on Twitter @Jamzlowe