Welcome to our subscriber terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). These Terms and Conditions set out the terms that apply to your digital subscription. Please read these carefully to make sure you understand these terms and how they apply to you. Your contract is with JPIMedia Publishing Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 11499982 and our registered office is at Third Floor, 1 King William Street, London, EC4N 7AF. Our registered VAT number is 308 6657 81. You can contact us via the contact details at the foot of these Terms and Conditions.
- Territory: The subscription service is only available in the UK where the newspaper is sold. We cannot accept any orders for subscriptions out with the UK.
- Age: We are only able to contract with you if you have the power to enter into this contract. This means that you will only be able to enter into this contract if you are 18 years or older (or 16 years or older if you live in Scotland).
- Access to our Content:
- 3.1 You are not required to purchase anything for certain limited use of our website. However, if you do not purchase a subscription your access to its content and services will be limited. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for more information on this
- 3.2 By subscribing to our digital subscription you will be given unlimited access to online content and free access to the mobile app.
- 3.3 Whilst we try to ensure that our mobile app and online edition are available widely on tablets, smartphones, iPhone and iPad, we cannot guarantee that our app and online edition will be available on all such devices. If you cannot access our app or online edition on your specific device and we are not able to resolve this for you then you shall be entitled to cancel your subscription and receive a full refund.
- 3.4 Please be aware that this is an instantly accessible service and by purchasing a subscription the service will start immediately. Please see clause 7 below for your cancellation rights.
- Minimum Subscription Periods: Subscriptions are either on a monthly or annual basis and you will not be able to terminate your subscription during these minimum terms, although you do have a right to change your mind about your subscription within the first 14 days of your order, please see clause 7.2 below
- 5.1 When you purchase a digital subscription, the price will be made clear during the order process. You agree to pay the price that is stated at the time of your order. You also agree to the billing frequency stated at the time of your order (this will be on a monthly or annual basis).
- 5.2 We accept all major credit and debit cards. We will charge or debit your payment method at the beginning of your subscription. Billing will continue according to the cycle stated at the time of your order (this will be on a monthly or annual basis).
- 5.3 Proof of purchase will be sent to the registered email address.
- 5.4 A subscription may become invalid if JPIMedia Publishing Ltd is unable to secure payment for the service.
- 5.5 If you pay for your subscription by Direct Debit, we will adhere to the guidelines set out in the Direct Debit Guarantee. This information is detailed in the welcome and payment confirmation email.
- 5.6 Your direct debit payment will appear as “JPIMedia Publishing Ltd” on your bank statement.
- 5.7 If you pay for your digital subscription by credit card, details will be included in your welcome email.
- 5.8 If you pay by credit card, the payment will appear as “JPIMedia Publishing Ltd” on your credit card statement.
- Exclusive or Introductory Offers: Subscribers who take up an exclusive or introductory offer will see their subscription price revert to a higher price once their offer period ends. Please refer to your welcome email for full details.
- 7.1 Minimum Subscription Periods: You will not be able to terminate your subscription during the minimum subscription period you have chosen (monthly or annual), although please see clause 7.2 below on your right to change your mind within the first 14 days of your order.
- 7.2 Termination within 14 days of subscribing: You may cancel your order within 14 days of subscribing and you shall receive a refund of any payment that you have paid to us provided that we shall be entitled to retain payment for any of your subscription you have already received. Unlimited access to the website and the mobile app will stop immediately.
- 7.3 Termination after 14 days of subscribing: If you do not cancel your subscription within 14 days of subscribing, then:
Your subscription will continue for a three month period and will then automatically continue on a monthly basis until you cancel your subscription. If notice of your intention to cancel your subscription is received by us 14 days before the date for your next scheduled payment date then your subscription will come to an end at the end of your current subscription month. If notice of your intention to cancel your subscription is not received by us 14 days before the date for your next scheduled payment, then you will be required to make your next scheduled payment and your subscription will continue until the end of that subscription month.
Auto-renewal - You shall receive three emails from us to your registered email address prior to the end of your initial monthly subscription. These emails will notify you that your initial subscription is coming to an end and that your subscription will thereafter automatically continue on a monthly basis. The emails will set out the cost of continuing to subscribe, and will give you the option to cease your subscription. The emails will be sent 4 weeks prior to expiry of the initial subscription period, 2 weeks prior to expiry of the initial subscription period, and 1 week prior to expiry of the initial subscription period.
Your subscription will continue for a 12 month period and will then automatically continue for a further 12 month period. You may cancel your order within 14 days of the commencement of any new 12 month subscription period in accordance with clause 7.2 above.
Auto-renewal - You shall receive three emails from us to your registered email address in advance of the end of your initial 12 month subscription. These emails will notify you that your initial subscription is coming to an end and that your subscription will thereafter automatically continue for a further 12 month period. The email will set out the cost of continuing to subscribe, and will give you the option to cease your subscription. The emails will be sent 4 weeks prior to expiry of the initial subscription period, 2 weeks prior to expiry of the initial subscription period, and 1 week prior to expiry of the initial subscription period.
- Monthly subscriptions:
- 7.4 You stop paying for your subscription: If you stop paying for your subscription, we may terminate your subscription immediately without any liability to you and you will not be entitled to a refund of any money you have already paid for your subscription.
- 7.5 Where we may stop or suspend your subscription: We may stop or suspend providing the subscription to you at any time by notifying you at the registered email address. Where we do this and this is not: (i) due to your fault; or (ii) because of circumstances out with our reasonable control, we shall refund you for any payments you have made for your subscription that you do not receive.
- 7.6 How to cancel your subscription: You can change or cancel your digital subscription at any time by calling our Customer Care on 0330 403 0066 option 3. You may also change or cancel your digital subscription by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address. You may also print off the form here and post it to us at the address on the form. Or simply write to us at that address, including details of your subscription and your name and address.
- Our Liability: We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the subscription for private use. If you use the subscription for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Amendments: We may make amendments to these Terms and Conditions. If we amend these Terms and Conditions we will notify you by sending an email to the registered email address.
- Transfer: We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
- Rights of other Parties: Nobody else has any rights under these Terms and Conditions. Your contract is between you and us.
- Enforceability: If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver of Rights: Even if we delay in enforcing these Terms and Conditions, we can still enforce them later. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the subscription, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings: These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your subscription in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.