Here’s our snapshot look at seven of the great gigs on offer in Portsmouth this weekend.
1. Acoustic singer/songwriter Richard Morris will be playing at The Wedgewood Rooms on Friday (doors opening at 8pm) supporting his debut EP ‘Await The Sunset’. Tickets cost £5.
2. Also on Friday, Simple Man will be performing at the Admiral Drake pub at 9:30pm. For further information email email@example.com
3. The Temperance Movement are kicking off the first date of their new tour at the Pyramids in Southsea on Saturday, one day after the release of their new album White Bear. Doors open at 7:30pm and tickets are £15.50.
4. On the same night at Portsmouth Guildhall from 7pm, award winning Elvis Presley tribute act Ben Portsmouth will be playing at The King Is Back event. Tickets are £22.55 with group discounts available at portsmouthguildhall.org.uk.
5. Also on Saturday, blues artist Phil Cooper will be performing at the RMA Tavern in Southsea at 9pm, with free entry.
6. Or for a great Saturday night out, the Wedgewood Rooms is hosting the reunion of the Basins club night with live performances from The Witchdoktors, Piranhas4, Archive 45 and the original Basins DJ, Jason Webster. Doors open at 8pm and tickets are £8.
7. Milton James Four will be bringing an afternoon of jazz to Rosie’s Vineyard in Southsea, playing from 1:30pm on Sunday. For ticket info, contact the venue on 02392 755944.