Bacon butty blaze in Gosport is dodged

A MAN'S home was almost set alight after he had a bacon sandwich yesterday.

Saturday, 25th February 2017, 8:33 am
Updated Wednesday, 1st March 2017, 9:22 am

The hungry homeowner had just finished grilling his lunch when the excess fat from his rashers ignited in his grill.

Firefighters from Fareham rushed to home, in Rowner Close, Gosport, shortly before midday.

By the time they arrived, the incident had been dealt with by the man.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

However, officers are now urging other people to take care when using their grills.

They have warned people to make sure they always clean grill pan after use and to not leave their grill on after use.

A spokesman from Gosport fire station added it was a ‘simple way’ to avoid a fire which could have a devastating effect on both property and life.