Child taken to hospital after taking ‘white powder’ at school

Park Community School, in Havant, where pupils took the mysterious white powder. Image: Google
Park Community School, in Havant, where pupils took the mysterious white powder. Image: Google
Share this article
Mike Bailey, 28, left with, and Matt Lucas, 23, who helped save the injured man ''Picture by:  Malcolm Wells (180219-7042)

Portsmouth pub boss tells of his pride in staff who saved attack victim

0
Have your say

A POLICE probe has been launched after a two schoolchildren ingested a white powder they thought was cocaine.

The incident took place at the Park Community School, in Middle Park Way, Havant, on Thursday, February 1.

A spokeswoman for Hampshire police said: ‘It is believed that two pupils took what they were told was cocaine. One of the children was taken to hospital as a precaution but suffered no ill effects.

‘We would like to reassure the community that the powder seized has been tested and we can confirm that it is not a controlled drug.’

Police are now investigation the situation in a bid to find out how the children came in possession of the mysterious powder.

Officers are looking for anyone with any information about the case to call them on 101, quoting reference number 44180042069 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously.

Anyone who is concerned about drugs in the community is asked to call 101.