Fareham man jailed for assaulting his former partner, kicking a detention officer in the head, punching a car windscreen and breaking pub fence in scuffle

A MAN has been jailed after assaulting a police officer and causing damage to a fence and car.

By The Newsroom
Monday, 5th November 2018, 4:54 pm
Updated Monday, 5th November 2018, 5:56 pm
Tyron Prout, 26, of Redlands Lane, Fareham
Tyron Prout, 26, of Redlands Lane, Fareham

Tyron Prout appeared at Portsmouth Crown Court after pleading guilty to two counts of criminal damage, assault by beating and assault. 

The 26-year-old committed the offences, which included attacking his former partner, while serving a suspended sentence.

Prosecutor Matthew Lawson told the court the defendant turned up to the Square Cow pub, in Wickham, on September 21 and appeared very drunk.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Tyron Prout, 26, of Redlands Lane, Fareham

The landlady refused to serve him and an argument broke out between Prout and a man he was with.

'˜They went outside and were shouting at each other and grappling,' Mr Lawson said.

'˜The defendant was punched in the face and they fell into a fence at the back garden of the pub.

'˜Mr Prout then punched the windscreen of a car parked outside the pub causing it to crack.

'˜The pair continued to fight in the road before the male left.'

The court heard later that day, Prout, of Redlands Lane, Fareham, went to the house of his former partner and was being loud.

Mr Lawson added: '˜She heard banging and the defendant shouting and called the police.

'˜The defendant let himself in through the unlocked back door and went into his daughter's bedroom.

'˜He then pushed the woman, causing her to fall back and hit her head on the radiator.

'˜She managed to get him out of the bedroom and the property.

'˜But as she tried to go back inside and close the door, he grabbed her by the throat and pushed her to the floor.'

Police turned up and Prout struggled as he was arrested, '˜banging his head against the cage in the back of the police van'.

When he arrived at the police station, he continued to struggle and Mr Lawson said he kicked the detention officer in the head.

The court heard Prout had 26 previous convictions for 44 offences. 

Andy Houston, mitigating, said: '˜In the 10 months or so before these incidents he has not offended which is quite an impressive step forward for him.

'˜The suspended sentence did have an affect on him.

'˜He has spent five weeks in custody and has attended AA meetings and some drug workshops during that time.'

Recorder Anne Arnold activated Prout's eight-month suspended sentence and sentenced him to two weeks in prison for the damage to the pub fence and car.

He was given six weeks for the assault on his former partner and 10 weeks for kicking the detention officer. They will run consecutively totalling 52 weeks in prison.