JLS star Oritse Williams charged with rape
Former JLS star Ortise Williams has been charged with rape after an incident at a hotel.Â
The 31-year-old pop star, who shot to fame after appearing on X Factor in 2008, was arrested in December 2016 following allegations that he and another man had raped a fan.Â
The incident allegedly happened at a hotel in Wolverhampton after a gig.Â
West Midlands Police confirmed that Mr Williams and another man had been charged and will appear in court next month.Â
A spokesman told the Scotsman: '˜Police have charged two men with sexual offences following an allegation of rape at a Wolverhampton hotel in December 2016.
'˜Oritse Williams, aged 31, from Croydon, London, has been charged with rape.
'˜Jamien Nagadhana, aged 31, from Hounslow, London, has been charged with assault by penetration.'Â
The former JLS crooner's management company 10Â Worlds Music UK have issued a statement saying Mr Williams has denied all charges.Â
It read: '˜All we wish to say at this time is that Oritse denies the allegations against him.
'˜The matter is in the hands of the police and it would be totally wrong for us to comment any further.'
Shortly afterwards, the singer said he would be stepping back from his charity work, adding: '˜Unfortunately, the press speculation is likely to be unhelpful to the charities I work with and the decision I have taken is with their best interests in mind.'Â
Williams and Nagadhana are due to appear at Walsall and Aldridge Magistrates' Court on October 11.Â
This story originally appeared on our sister website The Scotsman