London Road accident: Everything we know so far about this afternoon's incident in Portsmouth
A woman in her 60s has been seriously injured in a carÂ accident in North End this afternoon.
Here is everything we know so far.
- Emergency services were called at 2.25pm to reports of a collision involving a pedestrian and a car, in London Road in North End.
- On arrival police closed part of the road between Stubbington Avenue and Kingston Crescent, diverting traffic through the side streets.
- An ambulance was called and paramedics helped to treat a woman in her 60s at the scene. Police said that she had been hit by the car but the vehicle had not stopped at the scene.
- Officers later confirmed the car involved, a Honda Insight, had been found.
- The woman was taken to the major trauma centre at University Hospital Southampton.Â South Central Ambulance Service said she suffered serious head injuries in the accident.
- The road was reopened shortly after 4pm and traffic has since returned to normal levels.
- Police have said a man from Portsmouth has been arrested in connection with the incident and is in custody at this time.