Here are some of the criminals who have appeared in Hampshire courts over the last month – and been sent to jail for their crimes.
– Sidonio Goncalves-Caboz tried to bite an off duty cop after grabbing a woman and pushed her up against a tree in a roadside sex attack.
He was jailed for 36 months after admitting sexual assault and assault by beating.
- Hampshire woman Marian Watt drove over a man lying on the road causing him life-changing injuries because she mistook him for a ‘guy or scarecrow’.
She has been jailed for 12 months after she was found guilty of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
- Pair of burglars – Ricky Severn and Darryl Clarke – stole £100,000 worth of clothes and cigarettes during a burglary spree at commercial properties in Hampshire and Dorset.
The men were jailed for a combined nine years.
– A manager at an NHS trust providing care in Portsmouth has been jailed for swindling money from the health service.
Terrance High was sentenced to 12 months in prison after spending £1,631.12 on a credit card belonging to the health trust.
- A furious thug with an 'unenviable record of violence' turned up at his ex-partner's brandishing a metal crutch ranting and raving, a court heard.
Dad-of-three Nico Alexander, 24, was jailed for 38 weeks by a judge after he went to his children's mother's home in Gosport.
- The director of a hair salon has been jailed with two other people for his role in a ‘significant’ operation to deal cocaine and amphetamines.
Michael Kingsley was sentenced to 50 months behind bars at Portsmouth Crown Court.
Read the full story here
- A DJ and former parish councillor has been jailed for a total of 17 years for a range of sexual offences against young boys.
Mark McCormick, 49 of Griffon Close, Bursledon, was given the lengthy jail sentence at Southampton Crown Court.
- A former police officer who raped a mother after she was unable to pay a fine has been jailed nearly 40 years after the offence.
David Lomax, 83, of Esher Grove, Waterlooville, was serving as a warrant officer with West Yorkshire Police when he visited the woman at her home in Leeds in October 1978 over the non-payment of a fine.
- A violent thug left a man in a coma after he cracked his head on the pavement following a ‘full-on-punch’.
Ben McCreadie was jailed for the attack outside the Stag pub in New Road, Buckland, for two years.
- A banned driver high on cannabis led police on a 115mph nine-mile chase on a busy motorway in his new £55,000 BMW, a court heard.
Andrew Brent swerved across the road forcing other motorists to slam on their brakes as he tried to escape the unmarked car, before crashing into the back of another vehicle - he was jailed for 16 months.
- A Gosport drug dealer was jailed for supplying cocaine in a case described as 'serious' offending by the judge.
Merlin Archer was sentenced to 42 months in custody after admitting supplying the class A drug cocaine and class B drug cannabis, possession of cocaine and herbal cannabis, offering to supply cocaine and cannabis and possession of cocaine with an intent to supply.