People across the area are preparing to pay tribute to fallen soldiers, airmen and sailors at Remembrance Sunday events.
Here’s what is going on in your community:
Saturday November 9
- Portchester precinct - from 10.15am
Sunday November 10
- Guildhall Square in Portsmouth - 10.15am with a service at St Mary's Church at 2.30pm
- Royal British Legion Rider's Branch service, Portsmouth Naval War Memorial, Southsea Common, 10am-12pm
- Salvation Army Church, 84 Albert Road, Portsmouth 6-7.30pm
- Service of Remembrance, St. Mary's Church, Fratton Rd, Portsmouth 3-4pm
- Portsmouth Grammar School's Remembrance Concert in Portsmouth Cathedral, 8pm-10pm, in High Street, Old Portsmouth. Tickets £10
- Royal Armouries Fort Nelson Museum, Portchester, with firing of Second World War ordnance – 10.45am-11.15am.
- Gosport War Memorial Hospital with Gosport Solent Brass, 9.30am-12pm
- Horndean Village Sqaure, Horndean Parish Council Remembrance, 10.50am-11.15am
- St. Mary parish will hold three Remembrance events. These will take place in the context of the Sunday Eucharist starting at 9.30am – St Wilfrid’s and St Faith’s, and 10am – St Mary’s.
- Town parade from 10.40am and St Faith's Church, Havant British Legion 10.45am-11.15am
- Parade from car park at Elm Grove 9.15am. Parade at 10.20am, cenotaph 10.45am-11.15am. Then over to St. Mary's until 12pm.
- Parade along High Street from 10.30am to St George's Square until 12pm.
- 10am service at St George’s, Waterlooville which includes a bugler playing the last post and Reveille and the two minutes’ silence.
Monday November 11
- The University of Portsmouth Chaplaincy Remembrance Service, Nuffield Centre, 10.45am-11.30am
Will you be attending any Remembrance Sunday events? Let us know in the comments below.
- St George’s Waterlooville – ceremony starting just before 11am
- Queen Alexandra Hospital – service in main atrium at 11am