Extractor causes fire in bathroom

AN ELECTRICAL extractor fan in a bathroom caused a fire in Southsea.

Saturday, 23rd January 2016, 6:01 am

Crews from Southsea Fire Station were called to the fire on the first floor of a house in Castle Road at 6.45pm yesterday.

Crew manager Steve Jolliffe said eight firefighters were sent to deal with the 

Mr Jolliffe said no-one was at home when the fire broke out.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

He said: ‘It was a small extractor unit in the bathroom. It was completely destroyed.

‘There was fire damage to the rest of the bathroom and some smoke damage.’