Fire alarms save women from potential tragedy

WORKING smoke alarms saved a family from possible tragedy.

Friday, 23rd June 2017, 6:00 am
Updated Tuesday, 18th July 2017, 8:46 am

The blaze sparked in a fridge at a home in Botley Drive, Havant, at 2.45am yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire alarms alerted the two women inside to the danger, with both escaping safely.

A fire service spokesman said: ‘The fire could have been a lot worse. The alarms definitely gave those inside an early indication of what was happening.’

Two crews from Havant attended. The blaze was contained to the cupboard where the fridge was stored.