Pensioner taken to hospital after house blaze

A MAN was taken to hospital after being rescued by firefighters from a house fire.

Friday, 18th November 2016, 8:54 pm
Updated Monday, 21st November 2016, 1:26 pm

The 70-year-old man was given first aid and trauma care by the fire and rescue service after a blaze broke out in a home in Westward Road, Hedge End.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters from Fareham, Hightown and Bishops Waltham attended the fire at 12.42pm yesterday.

The blaze started in the ground floor with firefighters using breathing apparatus, hose reels and jets to put it out.