31 people at Hampshire care home evacuated as blaze erupts in laundry room
and live on Freeview channel 276
Around 30 firefighters from six stations with auxiliary crews were called to Shedfield Lodge, in Shedfield, at 8.11am today.
The tumble dryer blaze in the ground floor laundry room saw the 31 residents, and staff, evacuated.
Registered manager Alicia Taskis told The News: ‘Everything is fine, everybody is safe and well, nobody needed any hospital treatment.
‘We’re now going through what actually happened.’
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
Half of the laundry room was damaged.
The incident was over by 10.22am.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service tweeted to say ‘all residents evacuated safely, all persons accounted for’.
The home is rated good by the Care Quality Commission and specialises in over-65s with dementia or mental health conditions.