Family saved by smoke alarm after escaping burning Bedhampton home after cooking left unattended

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
A FAMILY were saved by a smoke alarm after a kitchen burst into flames as food was left unattended.

An adult and two children had a lucky escape after evacuating from the Abrams Way property in Bedhamtpon after the blaze erupted at 1.15pm.

Read More
Portsmouth puppy stuck in reclining chair among RSPCA's best rescues of year

Two fire engines from Havant raced to the scene before extinguishing the flames using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad
Fire crews attendedFire crews attended
Fire crews attended

Cooking was left unattended resulting in the fire before the smoke alarm alerted those inside,’ crew manager Richard Broad said.

‘There was fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage in the rest of the property.

‘Everyone was ok thanks to the smoke alarm and did not need any treatment.’

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

You can subscribe here for unlimited access to Portsmouth news online - as well as fewer adverts, access to our digital edition and mobile app.

Our trial offer starts at just £2 a month for the first two months.

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.