Fire crews called to Portsmouth high-rise blaze after tea towel left on hob

A TEA towel left on a hob started a blaze in a high-rise building.

Wednesday, 14th August 2019, 6:00 pm
Updated Wednesday, 14th August 2019, 6:01 pm
Crews were called to a fire in Cosham

Crews from Havant and Cosham were called to Harding House in High Street, Cosham, at 10.23am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters said the damage was limited to just the tea towel.

The flat’s occupants returned home to find the alarm going off.

Crews left at around 10.50am after giving residents fire safety advice not to leave items near a lit hob.