Three people escape to safety after Gosport flat fire

THREE people fled to safety after a flat fire in Gosport last night.

Thursday, 9th May 2019, 10:28 am
Fire crews attended

A male, who lived at the flat in Stoke Road, successfully tackled the blaze which started after a power socket overheated in the bedroom at 11.45pm last night.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire crews from Gosport attended the scene but by the time they arrived the fire had been put out.

A spokesperson for Gosport Fire Station said: ‘It was a small fire in the bedroom which was contained. The man had put the fire out by the time we got there.

‘There was a lot of damage to the bedroom but fortunately no one was hurt.’