Council addresses poison fears after dog reported to have died after visiting popular park

A COUNCIL has reassured residents that they have nothing to fear amid concerns about dogs being poisoned at a park.

Monday, 17th September 2018, 7:57 am
Updated Monday, 17th September 2018, 9:03 am
Forton Recreation Ground play area. Picture: Google Street View

Gosport residents had raised concerns over social media about rumours of poison lying around Forton Park, after a dog was reported to have died.

But Gosport Borough Council says that there were no harmful substances found in the park.

A spokesman for Gosport Borough Council said: '˜We have had a very sad report from an owner whose dog has died, and who regularly walked it at Forton Park.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

'˜We have checked the park and have not found any suspicious substances. We have not been putting out any substances that could harm a dog.

'˜We have no evidence of deliberate poisoning but will keep a close eye on this issue.'