Garage nearly burnt out after electrical fault at Fareham home '“ but homeowners are back inside the house

A GARAGE was almost completely burned out at a home in Fareham this morning, after what is believed to be an electrical fault.

Monday, 10th September 2018, 5:17 pm
Updated Monday, 10th September 2018, 5:23 pm
Firefighters were called to the scene this morning. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service

Firefighters were called to Vixen Close after a garage caught fire.

Nobody was in the house when the fire broke out '“ but the homeowners were allowed back inside the property when they returned.

A spokesman from Fareham Fire Station said: '˜It was a small fire in a garage in Vixen Close, which we were called to at around 9.20am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters were called to the scene this morning. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service

'˜We believe that the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

'˜Nobody was in the property at the time and we handed it back to the homeowners at the end.

'˜The damage was contained to the garage itself by our two pumps.'

Firefighters were called to the scene this morning. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service