Woman treated after fire starts in microwave oven

A WOMAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire started in her microwave oven.

Tuesday, 2nd August 2016, 5:55 am

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to the fire at 12.30pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A blaze had taken hold in the kitchen of a property in Hulbert Road, Waterlooville.

A fire crew from Waterlooville Fire Station were alerted by a member of the public who called for help after hearing an alarm sounding.

The woman was given oxygen therapy by firefighters. The ambulance was not called. The fire was out by 1pm and firefighters returned to the station at 1.30pm.