Portsmouth owners reveal stance on Fratton Park
Pompey's owners have insisted they want to remain at Fratton Park.Â
The eagerly-awaitedÂ stadium masterplan has yet to be released followingÂ thoroughÂ research undertaken by TornanteÂ since their 2017 takeover.Â
In the meantime, the Blues haveÂ been making health and safety improvements to Fratton Park to ensure the fans' match-day experience is maximised.
Chief executive Mark Catlin has previously told The News staying at PO4 wasÂ the owners' dream scenario.
And although a definitiveÂ decision is still to be made if the BluesÂ will remain at their 118-year homeÂ or not, it is the Tornante chairman's preference.
Speaking via video to the Pompey Supporters' Trust's AGM on Thursday, Michael Eisner said: '˜We work very hard at planning, whether we stay forever at Fratton Park '“Â which obviously would be our first choice '“Â or whether we don't.
'˜We spend a lot of time working at Fratton Park making it safer, cleaning it up, thinking about entrances.
'˜We have engaged two different architectural contracts and will soon be working on the Milton End.'
TornanteÂ purchased the club from the Pompey Supporters' Trust for Â£5.67m in August 2017.
In total, more than 80 per cent of the equity holdingÂ agreedÂ the sale.
After the Fratton faithful helped staveÂ off liquidation, Eric Eisner revealed the Tornante company regard themselves as '˜custodians to the fans'.
And the club director hailed the Blues' supporters.
He said: '˜The fans make this club what it is. We appreciate everything that you do.
'˜We look at ourselves at custodians to the fans and the team that you really saved.
'˜To know we are planning on everything moving forward, looking at the summer, and keep on planning for the future as we take it step by step.
'˜It's nice to see a lot of stuff we talked about in the Guildhall come to fruition.
'˜It seems like we're in the first quarter, the beginning of the game, of a long journey together.'