Customers and staff evacuated from Gosport Pizza Hut after suspected gas leak
CUSTOMERS and staff were evacuated from a Pizza Hut last night, after staff reported a suspected gas leak.
The Pizza Hut in Forton Road, Gosport, was closed off by firefighters last night after four people reported feeling nauseous.
Crews from Gosport, Fareham and Cosham fire stations were called, believing it to be a gas leak from one of the refrigerators.
Gosport's crew manager Andy Hunt said: 'We turned up after hearing that four people were suffering from tiredness and nausea.
'Pizza Hut was cordoned off while we waited for the gas monitoring equipment to arrive.
'The manager of the store said there was a fault with one of the fridges, so that's what we've put it down to.'
The fridge in question is apparently not to be opened until a qualified engineer arrives at the store.