Coronavirus: Portsmouth Kingston Crescent GP surgery manager says patient health is top priority

ASSESSMENTS are still ongoing after a Portsmouth surgery closed due to a suspected coronavirus case.

Saturday, 15th February 2020, 12:38 pm
Updated Saturday, 15th February 2020, 12:38 pm

Kingston Crescent Surgery closed at 4.30pm yesterday, with patients told to leave the building due to a medical emergency.

Read More

Read More
Coronavirus: Suspected Portsmouth case came from woman who had been at Gatwick A...

Sign up to our public interest bulletins - get the latest news on the Coronavirus

Sign up to our public interest bulletins - get the latest news on the Coronavirus

Kingston Crescent GP surgery in Portsmouth has been closed after a patient with suspected coronavirus entered the building. Picture: Richard Lemmer

The Portsdown Group Practice, which runs the practice, is looking at what must be done to reopen the surgery.

But practice manager Mark Stubbings has not given any timeframe for when this could happen.

He said: ‘If required, deep cleaning will be undertaken in line with Public Health England and NHS guidelines.

‘We will reopen the surgery when we are confident that there is no risk to the health of our patients.’

The woman has since been placed in isolation and will be tested for the virus.

To date, nine patients across England have tested positive for coronavirus, with 2,964 people tested overall.

Mr Stubbings added: ‘Anyone who is concerned or has any questions should refer to the Public Health England and HNS advice, which is widely available.’

The UK’s chief medical officers, who raised the public risk from low to moderate, have advised anyone who has travelled to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau in the last 14 days and is experiencing cough or fever symptoms to stay indoors and call 111.