Couple escape Paulsgrove house fire unhurt

A COUPLE escaped safely from a new-build house that was badly damaged after a television caught fire today.

Friday, 17th August 2018, 9:49 pm
Updated Sunday, 2nd September 2018, 10:09 pm

Smoke was seen pouring out of the window of the Hollands Close house in Paulsgrove - which had only been built earlier this year - as the two people inside evacuated themselves.

Crews from Portchester and Cosham were called to the blaze at the two-storey property at 1.33pm. 

A television in the living room on the ground floor had caught fire - going on to cause 70 per cent smoke damage throughout the house.  

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A resident said: '˜I saw smoke coming out of the window before two people escaped.'