Coronavirus in Portsmouth: Public and medics back Hannah Dean's ban from all hospitals

MEDICS and members of the public have backed police in banning a Covid conspiracist from all hospitals.

Wednesday, 3rd February 2021, 12:57 pm
Updated Wednesday, 3rd February 2021, 12:58 pm

As revealed by The News yesterday, Hannah Dean was slapped with an Asbo-style community protection notice after visiting hospitals claiming they are empty.

The 30-year-old, from Fareham, was previously handed a £200 fixed penalty notice after filming at Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham, and hospitals in Chichester and Southampton.

Sussex and Hampshire police investigated her, and she was warned at QA Hospital again on Sunday – before being issued with the ban by police.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Hannah Dean. Picture: Solent News & Photo Agency

Now members of the public and medics have supported the move.

Read More

Read More
Coronavirus in Portsmouth: Hannah Dean banned from all hospitals after fake 'qui...

Responding on The News’ Facebook page, a reader said: ‘Good hopefully it will be permanent and seeks private medical care in the future.’

Another person said: ‘My son is in QA hospital with covid and it’s full of covid patients.

‘The staff are so ridiculously busy. It makes me so angry.’

Joy Hobson added: ‘Put her on the front line then ask her to post her comments.’

Megan Aldworth said: ‘Good the girl’s a din.’

Hundreds of Covid patients are currently in QA Hospital.

Erin Smith added: ‘A prime example of what happens when someone watches too much YouTube instead of getting a job.’

Police said her actions were ‘unacceptable’ and she could be arrested and prosecuted if she is caught flouting the ban.

Ms Dean can only attend hospital if she has a medical emergency, a pre-booked appointment or is the dependent of a patient.

She was last spotted at QA Hospital on Sunday at around 4.30pm, being challenged by security. She has since been to the Covid-19 testing centre in Cosham.

Sharing a copy of The News today on Twitter and referring to comments in one of Ms Dean’s videos, Portsmouth GP Dr Nick Moore said: ‘If you have to pretend to be your “own twin” then you’re probably up to no good.’

On Facebook reader Teresa Bryant said: ‘Glad she’s banned unless needing to be there and shows how amazing our NHS are that they haven’t got a full restraining order on her considering the trouble and upset she has caused many.’

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

You can subscribe here for unlimited access to Portsmouth news online - as well as fewer adverts, access to our digital edition and mobile app.

Our trial offer starts at just £2 a month for the first two months.