Portsmouth jewellery raid: what do we know?
DETECTIVES are hunting for seven thieves after jewellery was stolen in a raid.
Here’s what we know about the early hours burglary so far:
• A ‘significant’ amount of jewellery was stolen in the raid at Ernest Jones.
• Four of the burglary gang set fires at the back of Cascades Shopping Centre to distract emergency services.
• They smashed a glass door near Starbucks to get into the centre.
• Sledgehammers and other tools were recovered at the scene.
• Police were called at 2.52am.
• Nikki Rummins, branch manager at Ernest Jones, said no jewellery belonging to customers was stolen.
• The raiders are thought to have smashed their way through Wallis to flee.
• Up to seven people are thought to be involved in the raid.
• Detectives are scouring CCTV to find whoever is responsible.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.