Elderly man taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital with smoke inhalation after Stubbington garage fire

AN ELDERLY man had to be taken to hospital following a garage fire in Subbington.

Friday, 2nd October 2020, 8:18 am
Updated Friday, 2nd October 2020, 9:07 am

Two fire service appliances were deployed from Gosport and Fareham fire stations after being alerted to the blaze in Beverley Road at around 8.30pm last night.

Eight firefighters used two hose reel jets and two breathing apparatus to tackle the fire which left the garage ‘severely damaged’.

The garage owner was assessed at the scene before being transferred to Queen Alexandra Hospital.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

An elderly man has been taken to hospital with smoke inhalation following a garage fire.

He is believed to have suffered from smoke inhalation after opening the garage door.

The source of the fire is believed to have been a lithium battery charger.

Read More

Read More
Police officer trades baton for a bible to become Denmead's newest reverend

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

Thank you for reading this story. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on our advertisers and thus our revenues.

The News is more reliant than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism. You can subscribe here for unlimited access to Portsmouth news and information online.

Every subscription helps us continue providing trusted, local journalism and campaign on your behalf for our city.