Elderly woman receives treatment for smoke inhalation after Southsea flat fire

AN ELDERLY woman has had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire in Southsea.

Wednesday, 7th October 2020, 11:32 am
Updated Wednesday, 7th October 2020, 12:12 pm

Fire crews from Southsea and Cosham attended the fire at the ground floor flat in Outram Road after being called at 10.10am today (October 7).

The blaze was caused by a tea towel next to the cooker which had caught fire

Breathing apparatus had to be worn by the firefighters and a hose reel jet was used to extinguish the fire. An elderly lady was taken to hospital due to smoke inhalation.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

An elderly woman has received treatment for smoke inhalation after a flat fire in Southsea.

A firefighter who attended the incident warned: ‘People should be careful when cooking and should keep the cooking area clear of all items such as tea towels.’

Fire crews from Fareham and Portchester were also sent to the incident but were not needed. Firefighters were ‘stood down’ at 11am.

Read More

Read More
Portsmouth man charged after three Southsea burglaries

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

Thank you for reading this story. The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on our advertisers and thus our revenues.

The News is more reliant than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism. You can subscribe here for unlimited access to Portsmouth news and information online.

Every subscription helps us continue providing trusted, local journalism and campaign on your behalf for our city.