Fire breaks out at Gosport bowls club after cooker accidentally turned on

A BOWLS club kitchen caught fire yesterday evening, summoning emergency services to the scene.

Thursday, 4th March 2021, 6:00 am

Firefighters were called to Bridgemary Bowls Club in Cunningham Drive, Gosport at around 7.30pm after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

According to fire crews, the dishwasher was being unloaded by two individuals on-site, when the adjacent cooker was accidentally turned on.

Read More

Read More
Freeport plan for Portsmouth and Solent hoped to create 50,000 jobs

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The incident took place yesterday evening.

This melted all the plastic crockery on top of the stove, setting off the alarms.

Two fire engines – one from Gosport, another from Fareham – attended the incident.

Gosport Fire Station confirmed that nobody was injured but warned that people must be careful when near cooking appliances.

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

You can subscribe here for unlimited access to Portsmouth news online - as well as fewer adverts, access to our digital edition and mobile app.

Our trial offer starts at just £2 a month for the first two months.