Gosport fire crew called out to Land Rover fire caused by suspected electrical fault
FIREFIGHTERS have been called to a Land Rover on fire outside a Gosport property.
A crew from Gosport fire station was dispatched to a property in Anns Hill Road at 3.54pm yesterday, after a report of a parked Land Rover Discovery on fire.
The cause of the blaze is believed to have been an electrical fault, according to crew manager Sean Ratcliffe
He said: ‘The owner had parked it up an hour before – it was in the rear drive-way.
‘When we arrived, he was tackling the fire with a garden hose.
‘We were at the scene for around 40 minutes.’
No one was injured in the incident and crew manager Ratcliffe commended the owner’s quick thinking for ensuring the fire did not spread to nearby buildings.
Residents are asked to consider emergency vehicle access when parking, as cars parked along the road delayed the crew’s response.
Crew manager Ratcliffe added: ‘Please consider access when parking your vehicles. Cars were parked on both sides of the road making it difficult to access the scene.’