Gosport woman treated for smoke inhalation after kitchen fire

A WOMAN had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a property fire in Gosport.

Monday, 8th February 2021, 5:54 pm
Updated Monday, 8th February 2021, 5:56 pm

Fire crews were deployed from Gosport, Fareham and Portchester after being alerted to a kitchen fire at a residential property on James Close in Bridgemary at 3.04pm this afternoon (February 8).

Read More

Read More
Portsmouth man left 'shocked' after part of his house collapses

The fire had started from an oven in the kitchen. By the time firefighters arrived the fire had already been extinguished and fire crews ‘ensured the area was safe’.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters from Fareham, Gosport and Portchester were deployed to a fire in the kitchen of a residential property.

A female occupant from the property was passed into the care of South Central Ambulance Service where she received treatment for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters were stood down at 3.41pm.

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

You can subscribe here for unlimited access to Portsmouth news online - as well as fewer adverts, access to our digital edition and mobile app.

Our trial offer starts at just £2 a month for the first two months.