Person taken to hospital after fire at Southsea shared house
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze at a shared house this evening.
A crew from Southsea were called at 7.45pm this evening to a house in Manners Road, Southsea.
One person was taken to hospital as a ‘precautionary measure’ after the fire was put out on the first floor of the property.
Neighbour Holly Lucy-marie Stroud, who saw the incident, said: ‘I saw when the fire service turned up with smoke coming out of the windows. An ambulance turned up and a girl got taken away with burnt hands.’
Crews used breathing apparatus and a jet reel to put out the fire which left the first floor damaged.
A spokesman for Southsea Fire Station said: ‘We were called at 7.45pm to a small fire in a shared accommodation. The fire damaged the first floor of the property.
‘One person was taken to hospital as a precautionary measures.’