The Killers' major concert at St Mary's Stadium in Hampshire is postponed again
THE Killers have been forced to postpone their upcoming show in Hampshire for the second time, with the band tonight saying: ‘We’re sorry, there’s no way around this’.
The rockers were due to be playing at St Mary’s Stadium in Southampton later this year after having to call off an original date back in June, last year, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
But now the band has announced that it’s show has been blighted by yet another delay, in a huge blow for fans, with it now set to go ahead on Monday, May 30, 2022.
In a statement, The Killers said: ‘UK and Ireland friends… We’re sorry, but there’s no way around this. These will be the same great shows, but we have to move them to next year.’
All dates on the UK and Ireland tour, which were due to start in May, have been postponed until next year.
The stadium tour, the band’s biggest ever, sold out in hours when it first went on sale for dates in 2020.
But organisers have vowed fans’ tickets for the original dates will still be honoured and are now transferable to the new 2022 dates.
The band has also added an extra show at Falkirk Stadium on June 7, tickets for which go on general sale this Friday.
Here’s the full list of rescheduled shows:
- Tuesday May 24, Doncaster – Keepmoat Stadium
- Thursday, May 26 – Bristol – Ashton Gate Stadium
- Saturday, May 28 - Coventry – Rioch Stadium
- Monday, May 30 – Southampton – St Mary’s Stadium
- Wednesday, June 1 – Norwich – Carrow Road Stadium
- Friday, June 3 – London – Emirates Stadium
- Saturday, June 4 – London – Emirates Stadium
- Monday, June 6 – Falkirk Stadium
- Tuesday, June 7 – Falkirk Stadium
- Thursday, June 9 – Middlesbrough – Riverside Stadium
- Saturday, June 11 – Manchester – Emirates Old Trafford
- Tuesday, June 14 – Dublin – Malahide Castle
- Wednesday, June 15 – Dublin – Malahide Castle