Candidates for East Hampshire confirmed for General Election on July 4

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
The candidates for East Hampshire county constituency have been confirmed ahead of the general election on July 4.

The statement of persons nominated for East Hampshire has been released, featuring candidates from all major parties.

Education minister Damian Hinds, who was elected for the Conservatives in 2010, will be defending his seat.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The new boundary for the East Hampshire seat is made up of parts from four old constituency boundary areas.

Minister Damian Hinds.Picture: Sarah Standing (210923-1728)Minister Damian Hinds.Picture: Sarah Standing (210923-1728)
Minister Damian Hinds.Picture: Sarah Standing (210923-1728)

It includes Dummer which was previously part of North West Hampshire, as well as acquiring areas south of Basingstoke which were in the North East Hampshire boundary previously.

To the south, it has expanded to include the former Meon Valley areas of Clanfield, Horndean and Rowlands Castle. The East Hampshire MP will no longer represent Bordon as this makes up a large part of the newly named Farnham and Bordon seat, which crosses the Hampshire/Surrey border.

Who can I vote for?

Damian Patrick George Hinds – Conservative Party

Matthew Kellermann – Reform UK

Richard Godfrey Knight – Green Party

Jim Makin – Hampshire Independents

Dominic David William Martin – Liberal Democrat

Lucy Emma Sims – Labour Party

Sara Margaret Smith – Social Democratic Party

Election day, July 4

On election day, polling stations will be open between 7am and 10pm.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Information as to where your station is will be on your polling card, which should be delivered to your house ahead of the election. This can also be found by visiting the website of your borough/district council.

What do I need to vote?

This will be the first UK general election where voters must show identification when voting in person. Voter authority certificates are available to those without accepted IDs.

Voters need one of the following types of photo ID to vote:

  • a UK or Northern Ireland photocard driving licence (full or provisional)
  • a driving licence issued by an EU country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, the Isle of Man or any of the Channel Islands
  • a UK passport
  • a passport issued by an EU country, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or a Commonwealth country
  • a PASS card (National Proof of Age Standards Scheme)
  • a Blue Badge
  • a biometric residence permit (BRP)
  • a Defence Identity Card (MOD form 90)
  • a national identity card issued by the EU, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
  • a Northern Ireland Electoral Identity Card
  • a Voter Authority Certificate
  • an Anonymous Elector’s Document
  • an older person’s bus pass
  • a disabled person’s bus pass
  • an Oyster 60+ card
  • a Freedom Pass
  • a Scottish National Entitlement Card (NEC)
  • a 60 and Over Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
  • a Disabled Person’s Welsh Concessionary Travel Card
  • a Northern Ireland concessionary travel pass

ID which has expired can be used but the photo must still look like you.