Portsmouth shop raises alarm after light catches fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a fluorescent light in a Portsmouth shop caught fire.

Monday, 4th July 2016, 6:02 am
Updated Thursday, 25th August 2016, 8:49 pm

The incident in Radiator Showroom, in London Road, Hilsea, happened at 4.10pm on Saturday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

One fire engine from Cosham fire station was sent out to respond to the incident.

But the owner of the shop used a dry powder fire extinguisher to put out the fire by the time crews arrived at the shop.

Firefighters said an electrical fault was the cause of the fire.