These pubs and restaurants will be open on Christmas Day in PortsmouthÂ
Christmas is a time for family, friends and most importantly food.Â
But if you don't fancy spending all day slaving away in the kitchen trying to cook the perfect turkey (or goose) roast this year, plenty of places will be open on December 25 in Portsmouth.Â
So if you want to kick back, relax and enjoy a drink or two while someone else does all the cooking on Christmas '“Â why not think about booking to have your Christmas Day meal at one of these venues in the city.Â
Or if you fancy popping out of the house for a tipple on December 25, several pubs will also be open on the day.Â
Here's what you need to know:Â
This year selected restaurants atÂ GunwharfÂ QuaysÂ are offering visitors a Christmas to remember, with pre-booking now open on Christmas Day. You can treat the family to a pre-booked festive feast and a merry tipple along the waterfront as many of the centre's restaurants are set to be open during the holiday season.
Yvonne Clay, Senior Marketing Manager atÂ GunwharfÂ QuaysÂ said: '˜Our unique waterfront location is perfect for a Christmas day stroll and with an incredible selection of restaurants to choose from,Â GunwharfÂ QuaysÂ promises to be a foodie's paradise this Christmas.
'˜Whether it's a taste of the coast with quality seafood at Loch Fyne, a Latin inspired menu with Las Iguanas, a French inspired fabulous feast at Brasserie Blanc or Italian classics at Carluccio's, diners will have the chance to indulge in seasonal menus fit for any festive feast.'
These restaurants will be open on December 25:Â
- Las Iguanas is offering a four-course menu for Â£49.95 per person, which includes a glass of bubbles on arrival and Latin inspired dishes such as Argentinean Beef Fillet Empanada and Festive Fajitas.
-Â Brasserie Blanc will be spreading the yuletide cheer with a seven-course menu for Â£95 per person, which begins with a glass of Buck's Fizz and ends with a slice of Christmas Stollen and Truffled Coulommiers Cheese.
- Italian favourites; Bella Italia is offering a three-course menu for Â£35.99 per person, with Prosecco on arrival and Limoncello with Amaretti Biscuits to finish, Carluccio's is offering a three-course menu for Â£23 per person including Prosecco and a Christmas cracker and Zizzi is offering a three-course menu with Prosecco for Â£25.95.
- For a festive taste of the sea, Loch Fyne is offering a four-course menu for Â£62.95 per person, with options including Grilled Scottish King Scallops and King Prawns, Lobster Bisque and Gin-Cured Salon.
- CafÃ© Rouge is offering a five-course menu for Â£54.95 per person, with festive nibbles on arrival and options for the main event including Fillet Steak, Turkey Ballotine and Confit De Canard.
Rest of PortsmouthÂ
The following pubs and restaurants will be open either just for drinks or serving Christmas dinner on December 25:Â
- The Old Customs House - 11am to 3.30pm - serving Christmas Day menu
- Brewhouse and Kitchen, Portsmouth/ Southsea - serving Christmas Day menu
- Wetherspoons - All the Spoons in Portsmouth will be open from 11am-3pm on Dec 25 to serve drinks only
- Spice Island Â - serving Christmas Day menu
- Still and West - serving Christmas Day menu
- The Coach and Horses - serving Christmas Day menu
- Golden Hind - serving Christmas Day menu
- The Queens Hotel - three course meal open December 25 12.30pm to 3.30pm
- Toby Carvery Hilsea - open on Christmas with three course meal
- Hole in the Wall - Open 12pm to 3pm
- The Dolphin - open Christmas
- The Wellington - open Christmas day
- The Bridge Tavern - open Christmas day - three course meal
- Harvester, Port Solent - open Christmas day
- Beckett's Southsea - open 12pm to 5pm