Toilet fire at Gosport school

STUDENTS were evacuated from a school in Gosport after a fire was discovered in the toilet of a library.

Thursday, 10th May 2018, 3:12 pm
Updated Friday, 8th June 2018, 1:11 am
Brune Park Community School, Picture: Google Maps

Firefighters were called to Brune Park Community School this morning to reports of a fire.

A spokesperson for Hampshire Fire Service said: ‘We were called to Military Road in Gosport at 11.26am and five engines from Gosport, Fareham and Southsea attended with support vehicles from Portchester.

‘The fire was in a toilet in a library from toilet paper set on fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

‘The toilet was badly damaged by smoke and the stop message came in at 12.04pm.’

‘One adult was assessed by the ambulance for smoke inhalation.’

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a jet hose reel to put the fire out.

No-one was injured.