Unattended pan ignites

PEOPLE are being urged to be careful when it comes to cooking '“ and to never leave a pan unattended.

Tuesday, 27th September 2016, 5:55 am
Updated Wednesday, 5th October 2016, 2:17 pm

That’s the message from firefighters after they were called to a flat fire because a pan had been left.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The incident happened at Meon House, in Cosham, at 4.40pm yesterday. Fire crews were called to the fourth-floor flat, but the fire had been put out by the time they arrived.

A spokesman from Cosham fire station said: ‘Never leave cooking unattended.’